Registration is Open!
Opening Doors, Changing Lives:
Empowering Latino Students and Their Families
Toward Higher Education Opportunities
Friday, September 16, 2016
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Clayton Center for the Arts at Maryville College
Registration is FREE and includes
continental breakfast as well as lunch!
Join us for a day of engaging professional development as we explore and reflect on the ways that K-12 guidance counselors and teachers can support higher education opportunities for Latino families in partnership with community organizations and colleges.
Presenters will include:
- Bev Anderson, Secondary Counselor Facilitator for Knox County Schools
- Anna Avalos, Senior at Maryville College majoring in Sociology and Spanish
- Jeennyfer Castellanos, Admissions Counselor at King University and Chair of the Board of Directors for Centro Hispano de East Tennessee
- Crystal Colter, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology, Maryville College
- Santiago Correa, Spanish Teacher and Soccer Coach, Lenoir City High School
- Kathleen Fuchs, Senior Program Director, YMCA Latino Achievers (Middle Tennessee)
- Molly Haynes, Executive Director of Equal Chance for Education
- Cynthia Manning-Dirl, College & Career Access Team Lead, ProjectGRAD Knoxville, Fulton High School
- Alan Miramontes Flores, Sophomore at Maryville College majoring in Biochemistry
- Kelli Nehf, School Counselor, Lenoir City High School
- Rosie Noriega, Chair of the Latino Task Force (Knoxville)
- Jose Perez, One Stop Counselor, University of Tennessee
- Michael Spalding, MD, Founder of Equal Chance for Education
- Cyndi Sweet, Executive Director of Enrollment and Admissions, Maryville College
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Villamaría at Maryville College is an initiative aimed at improving and increasing access to Maryville College for Latino students from surrounding East Tennessee counties. The program seeks to build and strengthen relationships with the Latino community, including an increase in Latino student enrollment.