Undergraduate Application for International Students
Apply to Maryville College by following the instructions below. You may apply online or download a printable application on the LEFT side of this page.
We do not have a deadline for applications, but recommend that you complete the application process at least three (3) months before you wish to begin. This allows enough time to get your student visa and make travel arrangements. Our classes begin in late August (Fall semester) and late January (Spring semester).
We have an easy, two-step application process:
- Application form (online or paper).
- Copy of your passport (identification pages).
- $50* application fee (See note below about payment methods.)
- Official/certified copies of high school/university records in English and standard test results, if your country has a national examination system. Copies should be certified by a school official. We may also ask you to send your records to an outside education credentials evaluator.
- An essay explaining your reasons for choosing Maryville College. If you are also applying for an international student scholarship, add an explanation of your financial situation in which you discuss your financial need and how you intend to pay for your college studies. See the application form for detailed instructions.
- RECOMMENDED: English proficiency test results (TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP Academic, PTE Academic or EIKEN/STEP). Proof of English Proficiency is required and passing TOEFL, IELTS, or iTEP Academic results are the usual way to show proof of English proficiency. Students without proof of English proficiency may apply for conditional admission. Students from some countries may wish to send SAT or ACT results. Plese send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If you are accepted, we will send you our acceptance letter. To secure your place and receive the I-20 form which you need for your student visa application at the U.S. embassy or consulate, you will need to send us:
- Financial documents (e.g., copies of bank statements dated within the last three months) showing you have the funding needed for your first year of study and living costs. This is required by the U.S. government. Depending on your scholarship amount, most students need to show from $23,500** to $30,000** in available funding. Please include a financial statement form with your documentation.
- Pay the $300 tuition deposit. The tuition deposit is applied toward your first semester’s bill. You may receive a refund if return the unused I-20 and inform us that you will not attend by May 1st (August admits) or December 1st (January admits). Some exceptions may be granted if there are visa problems. Pay Here
You may choose to send us all items (application, copy of passport, $50** application fee, school and test records, essay, $300 deposit, financial documents) at the same time, to speed the process.
The application fee cannot be waived and your application will not be processed until it has been received. The application fee may be paid by bank check (on a U.S.-based bank), traveler’s checks, or by sending credit card information (type of card, name on card, number, and expiration date). Download a payment form. For some countries we do not accept credit cards. For further information about sending this fee, contact us at email@example.com.
*If you are not able to obtain a student visa, your deposit may also be refunded after the May 1st or December 1st deadline. In the case of a visa denial, please return your unused I-20 form and a copy of your visa denial letter. If in the case of a visa denial you decide to defer your admission to a later semester, you will waive the right to a deposit refund.
**All prices in US Dollars