An apostille is a form of document authentication issued for use in countries that participate in the Hague Convention of 1961. Apostilles are often needed for graduate programs, employment application, adoptions, extraditions, and some business transactions abroad.
Requests for an apostille must be made in writing and require the signature of the requestor. There is a $50 charge for an apostille. Notarized documents are transmitted to the Tennessee Department of State to be apostilled and then mailed to the recipient.
Include the following in your written request:
- Your name and current address
- The name under which you attended the College, i.e. a maiden name
- Student identification number or Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Years in which you attended or the year you graduated
- The document for which you require an apostille (transcript, diploma, etc.)
- The country for which the apostille is intended
- Recipient’s name and specific address where the completed document and apostille is to be sent
- Telephone number where you can be contacted if there is a question or problem regarding your request
- Your current home mailing address
- Check or credit card number, expiration date, and billing address
- Your signature
Requests for apostilles should be mailed or faxed to:
Office of the Registrar, Maryville College, 502 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Maryville, Tennessee 37804 or (865)273-8881.