As a graduate of Maryville High School in 2006, I decided that I wanted a school close to home to be near my family. After researching local schools, I found that Maryville College was the place for me. I graduated with a degree in Physical Education in 2010, and have since found my place in the MC community as a staff member. As a student here I was involved with YOKE Youth Ministries, FCA, MC Ambassadors, MC Cheerleading, and intramurals. In my free time I like to be with friends and family, and enjoying beautiful east Tennessee.
- Favorite book - Blue Like Jazz
- Favorite TV show - The Office
- Hobbies - Watching UT (University of Tennessee) athletics, outdoor sports, baking
- Favorite dessert - anything chocolate!
- Favorite place to be - the beach
- Place I would love to see - My grandmother traveled Europe extensively, and I would love to follow in her footsteps.
Why I love MC
I fell in love with the community that Maryville has. Our small class sizes allow students to get to know one another and create lifelong bonds. The attention that each student receives from the faculty shows that students are truly cared for, and that the faculty has a strong desire to see their students succeed. Maryville does not only provide an education, but the foundation to be the person that you want to be—no matter what career you choose to pursue. With a liberal arts background, I feel prepared to take on anything because Maryville has given me the confidence that I can be successful and make a difference.