All students are required to complete either a Commuter Form or an on-campus Housing Information Form - please take just a few minutes to fill out the appropriate form.
Contact Kristin Gourley, Director of Campus Life, by telephone at 865-981-8194 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about these forms or the selection process.
New Student Housing and Commuter Forms
Whether you want to live on or off campus, our housing process will begin after you have committed to Maryville College with your $300 enrollment deposit. After we receive the deposit, you will receive instructions for completing a housing application/questionnaire on the Becoming-A-Scot web portal in the spring. Our Residence Life staff will use this information to begin matching roomates in the summer, so please be patient!
Summer Housing Conditions
- Summer Rooms will be available from May 21 at 1:00pm until August 9 at 9:00pm. Students will need to notify the Residence Life office if they need housing before or after these dates. If you need housing between Spring finals and May 22, you will stay in your current room and must plan to move into your summer housing assignment between 1pm & 10pm on May 21, unless otherwise notified or approved. This date is non- negotiable and is based solely on the housekeeping schedule. If you are unable to move on May 21, you will need to find other arrangements for housing between the end of finals and the date you wish to move into your summer space. Students who do not comply will be charged a $25 improper checkout fee.
- At the end of the summer, moving to your fall housing space will happen as rooms are cleaned and become available. You will be notified of the day you are to move rooms and you will have a 24 hour window during which you must be completely moved out of your summer housing assignment. This day may fall during the middle of the week, so be prepared to make necessary arrangements. You will be charged a $25 improper checkout if you miss the deadline time to be out of your summer housing assignment.
- Room assignments and roommates will be assigned based on date priority.
- The cost of the room is listed on the application; the entirety of your rent due for the summer period will be applied to your bill at the beginning of summer housing. You will be expected to pay two weeks of rent in advance before you move to your summer assignment. Failure to pay the first two weeks by May 21 will result in the termination of your housing contract. Rent will be paid in the Business Office. It is your responsibility to pay on your account throughout the summer and your account must be paid off by July 12.
- Students who graduate in May are not eligible for summer housing, unless taking a summer class.
Applications for Summer on-campus housing can be downloaded or you can pick up a copy directly in the Residence Life Office. Please fill out and bring to the Residence Life Office by April 30.
Beeson Village Apartments
Requirements for Occupancy:
- You must pay your $100 housing deposit by Monday, March 24, in the business office (1st floor Fayerweather Hall), and bring your receipt to the lottery process on either March 24 (six-person apartments) or March 27 (four-person apartments).
- A 2.50 Cumulative GPA
- Junior and seniors only (social class standing)
- Individual damage assessments will be reviewed. Anyone with excessive damage will not be approved (Any amount above $50.00 will be deemed excessive).
Discipline records will be reviewed. Anyone with a serious judicial infraction within the past year will not be approved. There is no appeal process for grades or discipline.
- You must sign up in groups of four or six.
- If someone in the group does not meet the criteria, the group has an opportunity to select a new person to take his/her place.
- Apartment selection will be done by lottery. Groups with all seniors will select first, then groups with seniors and juniors and then groups with all juniors.
- Six-person apartments are selected first. Any group that does not get a six-person has the opportunity to drop two people and go into the lottery for a four-person apartment.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BACK TO THE RESIDENCE LIFE OFFICE BY 4:00 P.M. ON MARCH 14, 2014.
The 2014-2015 academic year application for Beeson Village Apartments can be submitted online.
Court Street Apartments
Requirements for Occupancy:
- Students must apply in pairs for apartments.
- A 3.0 Cumulative GPA or have been on the Dean's list the previous two semesters before applying for residency.
- Priority will be given to students who are of junior or senior class standing (academic hours not social class standing) by the time that they reside there.
- Individual damage assessments will be reviewed. Anyone with excessive damage as determined by the Application Review Board will not be approved (Any amount above $50.00 will be deemed excessive).
- Discipline records will be reviewed. Individuals applying for residency should not have any probationary discipline record.
Applications are due to the Residence Life Office by 4:00 p.m., Friday, February 28. Groups will be notified by Wednesday, March 5 whether their application has been accepted or declined. Apartment selection will be conducted at 12:00 noon on Thursday, March 6 in the Residence Life Office. The $100 housing deposit must be paid before selecting an apartment.
The 2014-2015 academic year application for Court Street Apartments can be submitted online.
Off-Campus Housing Request
This form is for anyone who meets any of the requirements to live off-campus:
- 23 years of age or older
- 5th-year senior
- Living with parents/guardians within a 45-minute drive of campus
Room Deposit & Selection Information (2013 - 2014)
|Room Deposit & Selection Information (2013 - 2014)|
|$100 Room Deposits due to the Business Office||April 4|
|Single room lottery||April 8|
|Single room selection||April 9|
|Triple room lottery||April 10|
|Triple room selection||April 11|
|Quad room lottery||April 15|
|Quad room selection||April 16|
|Double room lottery||April 17|
|Double room selection||April 18|
Notes about room rates
All double-occupancy rooms that share community baths in Copeland, Davis, and Gamble are standard rate-priced rooms.
All rooms in Copeland, Davis, and Gamble that have a kitchen, bathroom, or are single-occupancy are premium rate-priced rooms.
Carnegie, Gibson, and Lloyd double-occupancy rooms without kitchens are double rate-priced rooms.
Carnegie, Gibson, and Lloyd single-occupancy rooms and suites/rooms that have kitchens are premium rate-priced rooms.
All rooms in Beeson Village and the Court Street Apartments are premium rate-priced rooms.