Thank you for your interest. Hiring for summer 2013 has been completed.
Job Description and Requirements:
The Maryville College conference program is designed to serve community groups in need of housing, meals, meeting and/or athletic facilities for camps and conferences and special events on campus. To meet the demand of the summer program, students are hired for Conference Assistant (CA) positions. The role of the CA is energetic and fast-paced in the daily routine of hosting summer groups on campus. Job duties include various tasks related to the department, some of which are registration of campers, posting campus signage, housing assignments, room setups, linen preparation and delivery, office work and other miscellaneous assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 2.25 GPA
- Available for full-time employment (40 hours per week) – including nights and weekends
- Additional time commitments not permitted (i.e. another job, summer school, volunteer work, etc)
- Ability to lift 20 lbs or more
- Maturity and commitment; reliability and flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented; strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must live on campus and be familiar with campus facilities
- Must begin and end employment period: May 29, 2013 and July 31, 2013
Conference Assistant Compensation
- CA pay (disbursed on work study pay schedule) is $2610 (before taxes);
- free housing
- $300 gold card for meals
- Development of marketable, resume-building skills
- It's fun!
Conference Assistants Summer 2013
The application process for the 2013 Summer Conferene staff is currently open! New applicants may download an application, apply online, or stop by the Corporate Sales office in Fayerweather 218 to pick up an application packert during normal business hours. Returning applicants can download a form or pick one up in Corporate Sales. Please read below for application materials, dates, requirements, and deadlines.
NewConference Assistant Applicants
Printable New CA Application (print this)
Printable CA Application Reference Form ( ALL new applicants need two references)
Returning Conference Assistant Applicants
Conference Assistant - Summer 2013 Selection Timeline
Applications are available in Corporate Sales & Events (Fayerweather 218) and online
Friday, March 7 - All applications and reference forms due to Corporate Sales Office by 5 p.m.
March 11 - 14 - CA candidate interviews for those who meet application criteria
Friday, March 15 - Selection letters sent to candidates' MC mailboxes.
For further information, contact Belinda Kenny, Director of Corporate Sales and Events, at 865.981.8014 or firstname.lastname@example.org .