What is covered in the guide:
- What to do before leaving
- Visa Information
- Arrival Information
- Course Selection
- Housing Information
- Housing & Meal Costs
- International Student Orientation
- Medical Information (see health insurance info below as well)
- Important Dates
- Contact Information
- Sharing Your Culture
- International Student Handbook
NEW International Student Move In
New undergraduate international students who will live on campus are scheduled to move into their residence halls on Saturday, August 20th or Sunday, August 21st. Please note the date and instructions for international student move-in are different from other undergraduate students to allow for your attendance at special events, including International Student Orientation, and additional time to adjust to campus.
If you are arriving on August 20 or 21 between 9am-9pm and you have filled out the airport pickup form, we will pick you up. We will contact you individually if you don't fit into these times or if you have someone else picking you up to make arrangements. If you have not sent arrival information, today is the day to do it! Fill out this form. If you are getting to Knoxville some other way besides a plane, or you are living off-campus, we still need to know when you will arrive so that we can set up a check-in time on the 20th or 21st.
We have various people doing airport pickups, so please look for a Maryville College sign or someone in a Maryville College T-Shirt down in luggage claim. There are only 2 luggage carousels so it will be hard to miss the Maryville College person.
We will track your flights so if there are delays you do not need to call us. You DO need to call us if you miss a flight or if your flight number changes so that we know you missed your flight. Call: 1-865-591-8646
If your fight is delayed so that it arrives after 10:00pm, there may not be someone available to meet you. Call/email us to confirm. You will need to get a taxi to a local hotel (there is a phone to call a taxi on the wall near the carousel on the left - looking from the escalators). If you arrive after 10pm, you will not be able to check into the Maryville College residence halls (we recommend the ones with special rates or the Airport Hilton). This is a list of local hotels with their contact information.
International Health Insurance Waiver Checklist
If you are a Maryville College student, you will be required to carry medical health insurance for the full duration of your program. Maryville College provides students and dependents with health insurance. J-1 students or dependents sponsored by Maryville College may not opt out of our insurance plan. F-1 (or other visa-type) students may request a waiver of our international insurance plan be demonstrating enrollment in a private health insurance plan that must meet the following conditions:
- Medical Benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of Remains in the amount of $25,000
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of$50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
- A policy underwritten by an insurance carrier with:
- an A.M. Best rating of ‘‘A-’’ or above;
- a McGraw Hill Financial/Standard & Poor’s Claims paying Ability rating of ‘‘A-’’ or above;
- a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of ‘‘B+’’ or above;
- a Fitch Ratings, Inc. rating of ‘‘A-’’ or above;
- a Moody’s Investor Services rating of ‘‘A3’’ or above;
Note: Proof of insurance must be provided at the time of enrollment or student will be charged for Maryville College insurance. If it is not clear that the policy meets our requirements, we reserve the right to deny a waiver.