Maryville College currently has international cooperation agreements with various different institutions abroad. If you are a student at one of our partner institutions looking for more information, this information is designed to help you. If you are not a student at one of our partner institutions, we also welcome visiting students. Please submit the application materials listed below and contact email@example.com for more information.
Exchange Student Eligibility
Maryville College welcomes international exchange students from all over the world. We're delighted that you are interested in studying at Maryville College (MC), Maryville, TN for a semester or year.
In order to be admitted as an exchange student to Maryville College, you must be nominated by your home institution. Please contact your study abroad advisor before downloading the application materials.
You are eligible to come to MC as an exchange student if:
- MC has signed an agreement with your home institution and you have been chosen by your school to come here. For a list of institutions with whom MC has agreements, go here.
- Your school is a member of the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) and you have been accepted to come here.
- You have a TOEFL score of 74 (IBT), 200 (CBT) or 525 (paper), an IELTS band score of 6.5 or an iTEP Academic score of 3.9 will verify that you are proficient enough in English to begin College classes immediately upon arrival without the need to enter our intensive English program. In some cases a language proficiency report from your institution may be accepted in lieu of the TOEFL score for exchange students.
Exchange Student Application Process
- Talk to your home institution about their selection process for study abroad at Maryville College. Once you have your home institution's nomination, we ask that your study abroad advisor submit the following items on your behalf:
****NOTE: on the online application - choose NON-DEGREE
2. Financial Documentation: financial documents (bank statements, letters from employers, etc.) showing the student has the funding needed for his/her semester or year of study with your application form. As an exchange student the documentation needs to show that he/she has the ability to pay for books, personal expenses etc.
Personal expenses per semester are estimated at $600. Students should budget for the following costs per semester:
- General Refundable Deposit; $100
- Refundable Housing Deposit: $100;
- Books: $600 per semester; & Supplies: $100 per semester.
- Insurance: $400 per semester
- Room: $2, 591 - $3,786 per semester. (if not part of exchange agreement)
- Board:$2,022 - $2,630 per semester. (if not part of exchange agreement)
- Students should budget for extra money if they are planning to travel while living in the USA.
3. Official Transcript
4. Personal Statement - instructions on application form
5. Course Selection Form
Have your home institution send the application form and all required documents to
Center for International Information
502 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway
Maryville, TN USA
Please send application materials by April 15 for Fall semester and by October 15 for the Spring semester. We will accept applications on a rolling basis after this date, but this is subject to space availability and you will usually need to complete your application process at least 2 - 4 months before you wish to begin, in order to have enough time to get the forms processed, to get your student visa, and make final travel arrangements. Please contact the Center for International Education for more information.
If you are accepted, we will then send our acceptance letter, and immigration documents needed for your student visa application at the US Embassy or consulate to the exchange coordinator at your home institution. Please read information under International Student Services for more information about Maryville College and preparing for your arrival.
ALL new students are given an English proficiency test when they begin studies here; any student without the required scores who does not pass our English proficiency exam may be placed initially into our intensive English program. Those students can begin taking College courses once they have passed the proficiency exam given each semester.