ESL Program Summary
Since 1985, the English as a Second Language (ESL) program at Maryville College has provided high-quality English instruction in a supportive environment to non-native speakers of English from abroad and from the local community. Our program prepares students to achieve their academic or professional goals and succeed in social, business, and academic settings.
Maryville College ESL program is an intensive language program for students serious about learning English rapidly. We offer:
- 5-week sessions starting year-round so you can begin when you want and study for as long as you want
- 12 levels of instruction, from beginner to advanced
- Small class size of no more than 12 students (average 6-8)
- 25 hours a week in class and additional hours out of class, during optional trips and excursions
- Opportunity to audit college classes, or take college classes for credit
- Conditional admission to Maryville College and 3 college credits per successfully completed ESL session at Maryville College once enrolled.
- Instructors who are native English speakers and have at least master’s degrees or equivalent experience
- A beautiful and safe campus environment
- Customized specialty programs for groups, such as teacher training, high school student groups, and courses of specialized content like business or legal English