Embedded travel-study programs offer MC students alternate study environments, international experiences and exposure to diverse cultures while earning credit towards their degree. The programs have experiential learning as the focus and are typically one-week in length. They take place either during spring break or immediately after the spring semester. Programs and destinations vary from year to year.
How it Works:
- Explore a new culture related to a particular course or theme.
- 1 portfolio credit per program
- Programs involve group meeting prior to departure, program-related assignments, frequent discussions, readings, and journaling
Who can participate?
You! Embedded programs are open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Embedded Travel Study Program Registration & Application:
Please follow the below instructions to apply for an embedded (spring break) travel study program.
Selection will be conducted by the faculty leaders. Selection decisions are based upon the entire application packet: application, essay, references, GPA, student conduct, etc. In addition, faculty leaders look for a match between the student's goals and the goals of the programs.
Get More Information:
- Talk to the Center for International Education staff (located in International House)
- Talk to Faculty Leaders about the program you are interested in.
- Please fill out the faculty-led program application form
- Travel-study applications will be due to the Center for Center for International Education (International House) by March 1st with a $100 application fee. This fee will be used as a deposit towards the cost of the program.
- Carter/TRAAVEL scholarship applications will be due to the Center for International Education (International House) by March 1st.
- Selection process varies by program, however applicants should be prepared for an interview as part of the acceptance process.
- Students will be notified by April 1st of their acceptance.
- All selected students will need to make a $200 deposit to the Center for International Education (International House) by April 15th.
- Final payments are generally due September 1 and October 1
- REFUND POLICY: Students who are not selected will receive a refund of this application fee. Otherwise it is non-refundable. If you decline a place offered to you it is non-refundable.