Maryville College Study Tour to VietNam: Preliminary Itinerary
Tentative Dates: January 5 - 19, 2003
- January 7: Arrive in Hanoi, morning
- January 8: Visit: City tour of Hanoi, Tran Quoc Pagoda,
Temple of Literature; Presentation - "Overview-The History,
Culture, and Psychology of VietNam."
- January 9: Visit: Fine Arts Museum; Presentation - "Traditional
Vietnamese Music" and meet with US Ambassador at the US
- January 10: Visit: Bat Trang Pottery Village and University
faculty and students
- There is a possibility that we might be able to visit Ho Chi
Minh's Mausoleum, house, and museum, too!
- January 11: Visit Museum of Ethnology. Fly to Hue. Visit
Thien Mu Pagoda.
- January 12: Visit Imperial Citadel and Tombs of Kings
Tu Duc and Khai Dinh.
Ho Chi Minh City:
- January 13: Fly to Ho Chi Minh City. Visit: City tour
of Ho Chi Minh City and Thie Hau Pagoda in China Town.
- January 14: Visit and cruise Mekong Delta and islands.
- January 15: Visit Cao Dai Temple and Cu Chi Tunnels.
- January 16: Visit the Reunification Hall and the War
Relics Museum. Presentation - "The Vietnamese Calendar:
Secular and Religious Holidays."
- January 17: Visit the Saigon South Project.
- January 18: Fly home from Ho Chi Minh City.
61 Tran Nhan Tong Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: 011-84-4-822-5715 (or 822-5716, or 822-5717)
Web Address: http://www.vietnam-hotels.com/polonez/
Huong Giang Hotel
51 Le Loi, Hue, Vietnam
Tel: 84 (54) 822122; 823958; 822182
Fax: 84 (54) 823102; 823424
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address: http://www.vietnamtourism.com/tourist/hotel/09/huonggiang/th09.huonggiang.info.htm
HO CHI MINH CITY HOTEL:
54-66 Nguyen Hue Boulevard, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Web Address: http://www.palacesaigon.com/english.asp
Maryville College is ideally situated in Maryville, Tenn., between the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Knoxville, the state‘s third largest city. Founded in 1819, it is the 12th oldest institution of higher learning in the South and maintains an affiliation with the Presbyterian Church (USA). Known for its academic rigor and its focus on the liberal arts, Maryville is where students come to stretch their minds, stretch themselves and learn how to make a difference in the world. Total enrollment for the fall 2012 semester was 1,093.