Maryville College Study Tour to VietNam: Preliminary Itinerary
Tentative Dates: January 5 - 19, 2003
- January 7: Arrive in Hanoi, morning
- January 8: Visit: City tour of Hanoi, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Temple of Literature; Presentation - "Overview-The History, Culture, and Psychology of VietNam."
- January 9: Visit: Fine Arts Museum; Presentation - "Traditional Vietnamese Music" and meet with US Ambassador at the US Embassy.
- January 10: Visit: Bat Trang Pottery Village and University faculty and students
- There is a possibility that we might be able to visit Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, house, and museum, too!
- January 11: Visit Museum of Ethnology. Fly to Hue. Visit Thien Mu Pagoda.
- January 12: Visit Imperial Citadel and Tombs of Kings Tu Duc and Khai Dinh.
Ho Chi Minh City:
- January 13: Fly to Ho Chi Minh City. Visit: City tour of Ho Chi Minh City and Thie Hau Pagoda in China Town.
- January 14: Visit and cruise Mekong Delta and islands.
- January 15: Visit Cao Dai Temple and Cu Chi Tunnels.
- January 16: Visit the Reunification Hall and the War Relics Museum. Presentation - "The Vietnamese Calendar: Secular and Religious Holidays."
- January 17: Visit the Saigon South Project.
- January 18: Fly home from Ho Chi Minh City.
61 Tran Nhan Tong Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: 011-84-4-822-5715 (or 822-5716, or 822-5717)
Web Address: http://www.vietnam-hotels.com/polonez/
Huong Giang Hotel
51 Le Loi, Hue, Vietnam
Tel: 84 (54) 822122; 823958; 822182
Fax: 84 (54) 823102; 823424
E-mail : email@example.com
Web Address: http://www.vietnamtourism.com/tourist/hotel/09/huonggiang/th09.huonggiang.info.htm
HO CHI MINH CITY HOTEL:
54-66 Nguyen Hue Boulevard, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Web Address: http://www.palacesaigon.com/english.asp