Maryville College welcomes veterans who wish to attend Maryville College and who are eligible for GI Bill and the Post 9/11 Program benefits. Students must apply through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
To apply for VA benefits at Maryville College student must supply copies of the VA Application for Benefits, DD213, and Certificate of Eligibility to the School Certifying Official (the Registrar) after being accepted for admission to the College. Once student is registered for classes and has received a financial award letter, enrollment will be certified to the VA by the Registrar.
VA Student Responsibilities:
- Notify the VA and your School Certifying Official of any changes in address, phone number, direct deposit, or Active Duty/Selected Reserve Status.
- Carefully read all letters from VA about the monthly rates and effective dates of your benefits. If you think the amount of payment is wrong, contact VA before using funds from payment.
- Carefully read all letters from the VA requesting information and respond quickly with requested information.
- Supply your SCO with a copy of the VA letters.
- Once your classes have been processed by the VA, verify your attendance monthly with the VA.
- Notify your SCO if you make changes in your enrollment (number of hours, courses, or program.)
- For more information on the Post 9/11 GI Bill Chapter 33, visit the GI Bill Web Site.
- For more information on the Yellow Ribbon Program, visit the GI Bill Web Site.
- Use http://www.gibill.va.gov to find answers to your general questions regarding VA Benefits.
- Use 1-888-442-4551 for questions regarding your specific education claim.
- VA Regional Processing Office, P.O. Box 66830, St. Louis MO 63166-6830
- Maryville College SCO, Registrar’s Office, Fayerweather 148, 502 E. Lamar Parkway, Maryville, TN 37804