Part-Time Conference Manager (May 23 through July 28, 2018)
- Position: Staff
Maryville College is seeking applicants for the position of Part-Time Conference Manager. This is a part-time position with partial benefits.
*Required – Enter Requisition #1808
Job Status: Non-Exempt, A-1
Job Summary: The Conference Manager is a live-in position that is responsible for assisting with summer events including one-day events, commuter camps, residential camps and professional workshops. The position is based on 35 hours/week during the period of May 23 – July 28, 2018. Additional hours will be compensated at the appropriate rate. Overtime will be paid when hours worked per week exceed 40. The College will provide housing in the assigned residence hall and partial board - up to $300 worth of meals in the cafeteria. Handicapped housing facilities are available, as well as housing for a spouse.
The position responsibilities include overseeing student staff and providing customer service for assigned events. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Servicing customers in assigned residence hall. Duties include checking guests in and out and making housing assignments, residence hall security, and building and key inventory maintenance.
- Act as representative of the college to assigned customers for event service needs prior to, during and after the event including facilitation of all aspects of contractual agreements. This includes scheduling the College’s service providers including maintenance and housekeeping services, meal and beverage services, security and technical assistance.
- General oversight and assistance in scheduling of the student conference assistants for planning and completing assigned projects and associated event services.
- Coordinate and assist with on-site event planning and maintain up-to-date data in the EMS Software program based on changes that occur.
- Attend weekly conference staff meetings, weekly service provider meetings, staff training and other meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED required. Residence life and/or past camp/conference management experience required. Microsoft Office, experience with Angel learning platform a plus.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com; complete the online employment application at http://www.maryvillecollege.edu/about/inside/employment/application/, and include job requisition number 1808 on the application. Maryville College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.