"No one has ever built a career alone." - Lindsey Pollak, Getting from College to Career
A career plan can be a tricky thing. You may be thinking: “You want me to decide every step of my future?" If you have ever felt that pressure, then the Career Center and the Maryville College Works program can work through those tough questions with you. We want you to graduate with the tools to pursue a life that fulfills you whether you are passionate about service, money, education, animals...you name it.
All students should have a game plan. Here's how a plan can help.
The Career Development Plan will:
- Provide you with the tools to explore your strengths, values and personality traits
- Encourage you to dream big and set short-term and long-term goals
- Create a list of potential sites to work, study, travel and/or intern
- Develop effective communication skills with a contact or a recruiter
- Learn from a first-hand industry expert by informational interviewing