These web links are provided to help you in your search for information regarding mental health issues. While we try to review them regularly for accuracy and appropriateness, they are not part of the MC website and the College is not in control of or responsible for the content. They are meant as resources for your information, and should not replace in-person counseling services.
General Sites for Counseling and Mental Health Issues
- Ulifeline.org - An interactive web site with mental health-related information as well as an interactive self-assessment device for students with concerns about their emotional/psychological well-being.
- Go Ask Alice! - Columbia University's question-and-answer web site about a wide range of health and mental health-related issues.
- Online Depression and Alcohol Screening
- http://www.campusblues.com - An informative website about current mental health issues related to college students.
- Download the Blount County Mental Health Resource Directory
- Download the Blount County Behavioral Health Support Groups Directory
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America - General information site with information about types of anxiety disorders, finding a therapist or self-help group, medications, and available clinical trials. Also includes a section with people's own stories about their experiences with having an anxiety disorder.
- National Institute of Mental Health - This site offers a Spanish as well as English text version. Informational site about anxiety disorders, treatment, and how to find help. It also has a list of available government publications related to anxiety, which can be viewed online or requested as paper copies.
- HealingWell.com Anxiety and Panic Resources
- Mental Help Net - Comprehensive online information and resources pertaining to anxiety disorders
- National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- National Institute of Mental Health - Information about manic depression.
(sites with access to Bipolar Chat experiences)
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- Youth Resource - Information and resources pertaining to gay and lesbian youth.
- National Coming Out Project - Resource guide to "coming out" for gay and lesbian individuals.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University
- Addictions Resources
- Smart Recovery - National self-help organization devoted to cognitive therapy-oriented recovery from substance abuse.
- Coalition against Drug Abuse
- test link to site
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
Trauma, Sexual Assault, and Sexual Abuse
- National Institute for Mental Health - Informational web page pertaining to post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Athealth.com - Information about post-traumatic stress disorder and related web links.
- Acquaintance and Date Rape Resources
- Sidran Institute - Web site with information and resources for individuals who have experienced sexual or physical abuse as well as dissociative identity disorder.
- Pandora's Project