The Center for Diversity and Inclusion exists to celebrate, educate and explore the vast diversity within our campus community. The work of the center is to support students from underrepresented portions of our society through on campus sponsorship of cultural programming, seminars, concerts, lectures, plays, trips and annual campus recognition programs. A student advisory council works closely with the Director of Diversity and Inclusion to raise awareness about the student experience at Maryville College.
The Center also provides academic and cultural support services to students through initiatives associated with the following:
- ALANA Scholars
- Athletes for Change
- Black Student Alliance
- Faith Based organizations including Delight Ministries, FCA, InverVarsity Christian Fellowship, MC Catholic Community, and Progressive Christian Community
- G.L.I.M.P.S.E. Student Leadership Conference
- Global Citizenship Organization
- Latino Student Alliance
- Post-Traditional Students
- Student Veterans Association
- Voices of Praise Gospel Choir
For further information on Maryville College's work with diversity, please visit our Vision for Diversity.