Since 1985, the English as a Second Language (ESL) program at Maryville College has provided high-quality English instruction in a supportive environment to non-native speakers of English from abroad and from the local community. Our program prepares students to achieve their academic or professional goals and succeed in social, business, and academic settings.
Maryville College ESL program is an intensive language program for students serious about learning English rapidly. We offer:
- Fall and Spring semester-long Intensive English courses.
- A summer program (one 6-weeks session for F-1 students) or customized mini-courses (online only)
- Comprehensive international student orientation program
- Courses at ability levels from intermediate to advanced
- Small class size of no more than 12 students (average 6-8)
- 20 hours a week in class and additional hours out of class, during optional trips and excursions
- Opportunity to audit college classes, or take college classes for credit
- Pathway Program for Maryville College Undergraduate degrees and college credits per successfully completed ESL sessions.
- Instructors who are native English speakers and have at least master’s degrees or equivalent experience
- A beautiful and safe campus environment
Program Dates 2020-2021:
Spring 2020: January 6 – April 29
Summer 2020: June 1 – August 14
(virtual program - 120 hours to be completed in 6- 10 weeks)
Fall 2020: August 24 – December 3
Program decisions related to covid-19 anticipated by June 15)
Spring 2021: January 13 – May 5
*No classes during MLK Holiday (January 20, 2020/ Jan 18, 2021), Spring Break (Mar 14-22, 2020/ Mar 13-21, 2021), Good Friday (April 10, 2020/ April2, 2021), 4th of July, and Thanksgiving (Nov 25-29, 2020)
Email for more information.