Embedded travel-study programs offer MC students alternate study environments, international experiences and exposure to diverse cultures while earning credit towards their degree. The programs have experiential learning as the focus and are typically one-week in length. They take place either during spring break or immediately after the spring semester. Programs and destinations vary from year to year.
Spring 2018 Embedded Travel Study Program: MC IN SWITZERLAND (3 credits)
How it Works:
- Explore a new culture related to a particular course or theme.
- Programs involve taking a semester-long class with travel in the middle or at the end of the class. Programs may also involved group meeting prior to the class beginning, onsite program-related assignments, frequent discussions, readings, and journaling
- This is an interactive learning experience. You are not sitting in a classroom abroad, but learning about the course topic with the international destination as your classroom.
- Read about individual programs via the links on the left toolbar!
Who can participate?
Registration & Application:
Get More Information:
- Travel Study Program Information Meeting: Meetings will take place in January and February (Watch Today@MC and look for posters for information)
- Talk to Faculty Leaders about the program you are interested in.
- Travel Study faculty-led program application form
- Due: to the Center for Center for International Education (International House) by March 1 at 12noon with a $100 application fee. This fee will be used as a deposit towards the cost of the program.
- Travel Study scholarship applications will be due to the Center for International Education (International House) by March 1. (or the Monday after if it falls on a weekend)
- March 1: Applications and scholarship applications due by 4:00pm (Switzerland deadline extended until March 17 @ 12noon)
- April 17: Acceptance & scholarship notification.
- April 24: $200 deposit and acceptance form due to the Center for International Education (International House)
- September 1: $2,000 due
- October 1: Remaining balance due
REFUND POLICY: Students who are not selected will receive a refund of this application fee. Otherwise it is non-refundable. If you decline a place offered to you it is non-refundable.