Maryville College offers two non-binding application rounds with two separate deadlines
|Application Round||Application Submission Deadline||Admission & Merit Scholarship Notification||Need-Based Financial Aid Notification*|
Rolling (December - May)
Rolling (January - May)
*Early Action applicants who want a preliminary financial aid package by December should aim to submit their FAFSA by November 1.
Apply early, find out your decision sooner - simple as that! If you’re on top of your college search and want to get your application reviewed as soon as possible, choose Early Action for your application round. As an Early Action applicant, you are considered for the full range of Maryville College’s competitive scholarships. Early Action admission offers are non-binding, which means you can be admitted and still have time to make the decision that’s right for you.
Benefits of Early Action:
- Priority Registration - Get a head start choosing your freshman fall semester classes.
- Priority Housing - Get a head start applying for your preferred on-campus housing and choose your living-learning community.
- Find out Earlier - Learn if you’ve been accepted and see your scholarship and financial aid package before the New Year.
- Fast Access - Admitted Early Action students will be invited to Admitted Student events throughout the year!
Need more time? If you missed the Early Action application round, Regular Decision is for you! No matter when you apply, your application will be holistically reviewed by your Enrollment Counselor. You’ll be considered for admission as well as an automatic merit scholarship.
Benefits of Regular Decision:
- Rolling admissions - Beginning in November, applications will be reviewed as they arrive. The sooner you complete your application, the sooner you’ll receive your decision and scholarship information.
- More Time - If you weren’t able to submit an application early in your senior year, you still have plenty of time. There is no penalty for applying later and your chances of being admitted and receiving a merit scholarship will not change.
What if I submit my Early Action application before the submission deadline, but my transcript or test scores don’t arrive until after the deadline?
There is no penalty for late materials. Students who successfully submit their Early Action application before the submission deadline will be reviewed as an Early Action applicant regardless of when additional materials are received.
What if I haven’t taken an ACT, SAT, or CLT test before the submission deadline? Can I still apply?
Yes, apply Early Action even if you haven’t taken a standardized test yet. You can submit test scores after you apply. We will continue to honor and superscore higher test scores even after you’ve been admitted and received a merit scholarship. If you qualify for a higher merit scholarship, you will be automatically bumped up.
If I apply Regular Decision, can I switch to Early Action after my application has been submitted?
Yes, students who apply Regular Decision who submit their application before the Early Action submission deadline can be switched to Early Action. Just contact your Enrollment Counselor.
How do I receive the most aid possible?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on October 1. You can submit this document before you apply to MC. Early Action applicants who want a preliminary financial aid package by December should aim to submit their FAFSA by November 1. Regardless of your application round, we recommend that you submit your FAFSA as early as possible so that we have plenty of time to help you figure out how to make Maryville College affordable for your family. Your Enrollment Counselor will help you every step of the way! Maryville College’s FAFSA Code is 003505.
My application is submitted, what’s next?
- Add Maryville College to your FAFSA
- Submit your high school transcript
- Submit all ACT, SAT and CLT test scores
- Apply for competitive scholarships
- Schedule a campus visit