Online Alumni Directory
Thank you for your interest in the new Maryville College Online Alumni Directory. First time users will need to follow the steps below to register before using this online resource. Returning users may proceed to the Online Alumni Directory to log in. We are excited to offer this tool to help you find your classmates and friends. Please encourage all of your alumni friends to also register for the site!
Directory Registration Procedure
Thank you for choosing to participate in the new Maryville College Online Alumni Directory. Please follow the steps below to register and begin using this online resource to keep up with your classmates and friends.
- Log onto the Welcome to Our Online Portal page. You can bookmark this link for future visits to the Alumni Directory.
- Select “New User Registration” at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the form with your personal information, create a username and password and submit. Keep your username and password in a secure place. If you already have a login due to previous online donations, simply sign in with your username and password and begin searching for your friends.
- After submitting your new registration, to verify identity, it will take up to two business days to gain access to the online Alumni Directory, your personal giving history and to be able to update your information. The two days is to give us time for verification of identity for security purposes.
- After the two days are complete and your identity has been verified by the College, you can do the following:
- Log back into the Welcome to Our Online Portal page using your username and password chosen in the registration process.
- This will bring up the My Home page where you will find the information the College currently has for you in the database and the section Manage My Account.
- You can start looking at the Alumni Directory at this point. The link to the Alumni Directory is found in the left column. You can search for fellow alums by first name, last name, maiden name, city, state, or major. Clicking the "Search" button will bring up the results of your search. Select the name of the person you wish to view to see what information is public for that individual. If an alum has not updated their information or changed their privacy information, only their name, city, state and email address (if applicable) will appear.
- Under Manage My Account, you can do the following:
- Update My Profile – this is where personal information is updated. Please completely fill in all applicable blanks, keeping private whatever you choose. The information will remain in Advancement’s database. It only becomes viewable by other alums if you un-check the “Make Private” box. Alumni can choose to remove any information from public view other than their name and class year if they choose not to be listed.
- Make a Donation – as it states.
- My Giving History – view your giving history after your Login has been connected to your Advancement database.
- Email Preferences – this page will expand with other options in the future.
- After selecting your privacy settings under Update My Profile, you can go back to searching the Alumni Directory.
Q: How will other alums know to register and sign on to do this?
A: In October 2015, all alumni for whom we have an address received an email and a postal letter explaining the new online Alumni Directory and encouraging everyone to register with the site. If they did not receive this letter, it is likely we do not have accurate information on their location. You can share this page with them so they can register for the Online Alumni Directory and update their information with the College. That allows them to again receive mailings such as the original announcement and publications from Maryville College. If they have any questions, please ask them to contact the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: If I change my information in this My Profile page, does it change in your system?
A: Yes, and that is an added perk of this online directory. It stays as current as long as you are willing to update it. There is no need to wait years for the next book to come out, paying $100 only to find it isn’t accurate any longer. The online Alumni Directory is a free service to you as an alum of Maryville College.
Further questions? Please contact Carol Clark, Alumni Services Specialist at email@example.com or (865) 981-8202.
Q: What about my privacy?
A: Your privacy is our utmost concern. Several measures are in place to secure your online information.
- Maryville College has taken all reasonable precautions to secure the personal information available through the online Alumni Directory. The directory is password protected to allow access by registered Maryville College alumni only. Furthermore, the online community is located on a secure web site that incorporates the latest encryption technology. Although these precautions should effectively protect any personal information available through the online community from abuse or outside interference, a certain degree of privacy risk is faced any time information is shared over the Internet. Therefore, through the Update My Profile feature of the Alumni Directory web site, you have the ability to control the nature and amount of information available to other alumni. Individuals also have the right to withhold their information entirely from the online alumni directory.
- Only verified alumni receive this personal directory registration link.
- No addresses or phone numbers are shared unless the individual chooses to share this information when updating their privacy and personal information.
- Alumni Office verification of submitted information and database information ensures that only authorized individuals will have access to the Alumni Directory. Individuals select only that information they wish to share publically. Only that information you choose to share will be publically available.
The Maryville College Alumni Office maintains the online Alumni Directory for the purposes of facilitating interaction between alumni and helping alumni keep their records current in the alumni database. The system is username and password protected, and may only be accessed by authenticated alumni of Maryville College and approved Maryville College staff. The Alumni Office has taken commercially reasonable precautions to secure the personal information available through the online system. However, it is the user’s responsibility to restrict or hide personal information that they do not wish to be generally available in the Maryville College alumni community.
Proper Usage Policy
The Online Alumni Directory information is to be used with care and respect for the privacy of fellow alumni. Use of this directory for any other purpose including, but not limited to, reproducing and storing in a retrieval system by any means, electronic or mechanical, photocopying or use of the addresses or other information is strictly prohibited.
Appropriate uses of Online Alumni Directory information include, but are not limited to:
- Contacting individual alumni regarding career advice
- Connecting with alumni in a given city
- Reconnecting with former classmates
Inappropriate uses of Online Alumni Directory information include, but are not limited to:
- Surveying alumni without the consent of the Alumni Office
- Using alumni contact information in any form to promote a business, company, or cause
- Divulging alumni contact information to third parties outside the Maryville College alumni community without explicit authorization
- Sending mass emails to alumni
Maryville College reserves the right to determine what constitutes appropriate usage. MC has a strict policy governing the responsible use of technological resources. All users are subject to these guidelines. Confirmation of inappropriate use of Maryville College technology resources may result in termination of access, disciplinary review, expulsion, termination of employment, legal action, or other disciplinary action.