KT Week 2015
Dear KT Week 2015 Participants,
Our 19th Annual KT Week held June 8-12, 2015 was a great success due to your participation and work. We had 131 KT'ers who contributed over 3,500 hours and worked on over 60 projects. The College spent some $18,000 on materials, $14,200 to feed us, and $900 in housekeeping and laundry costs during the week. For this, the College benefited in a number of ways, including:
- Landscaping improvements of mulching, plant trimming and planting
- Two sheds and a storage building painted, along with six rooms in Admissions, nine entry doors at Beeson Village, and two large rooms for Career Services
- Repairs and improvements to the Mountain Challenge yoga deck and the white storage building
- Building of an outdoor classroom and a new soccer press box
- Cleaning of all the furniture in Carnegie Hall, as well as college signs and banners
- Pressure washing of steps, sidewalks, fences and bricks
- Some 30 smaller projects of repairs and improvements
You did, indeed, add to the "curb appeal" of the campus, and you should be proud when you hear compliments of how the College looks. Behind the scenes, Archives completed many important projects of cataloging and researching as well as helped with several assignments in Communications. So be proud of your contribution to another successful KT Week year.
Be sure to see the KT Week 2015 Wrap-up below, and put June 6-10, 2016 (tentatively) on your calendar to help us celebrate the 20th anniversary of KT Week.
I hope to see many of you at Homecoming 2015 (October 16-18, 2015).
Thanks again for your contributions to making KT Week 2015 a success.
Dan Greaser, '60