The Center for Community Engagement serves as the hub for civic engagement and service efforts on campus and in our community. The Center expects that community agencies wishing to post a service position will:
- Be an incorporated organization with clear structure, a board of directors, sources for funding, a professional staff and volunteer insurance
- Serve a population that is marginalized, especially those who are materially poor
- Provide staff presence and direct supervision while MC students are on-site, clearly define the roles of agency staff and student interns/volunteers, and complete end-of-year evaluations
- Provide an orientation to your organization and any necessary training
- Enhance the education of MC students about community and social justice issues
To post a service opportunity, please log-in or register your organization with our Handshake system at the link below. Then describe how our students can connect with your organization to assist you and those you serve.
WHAT IS Handshake?
For more information, contact email@example.com.