Securities Transfer Information

Transferring appreciated stock or mutual funds can increase the value of your gift, benefiting both you and Maryville College.  You can avoid capital gains taxes and deduct the full market value of the stock on the date the securities are transferred to the College. 

Step 1: Please notify the College of your intentions

It is important that the Office of Advancement receive information about the gift to provide proper and timely gift credit.  Please notify Suzy Booker at (865) 981-8203 or suzy.booker@maryvillecollege.edu.

Please provide

  • Name of donor(s)
  • Number of shares and name of security
  • Name of brokerage firm and contact person there
  • Intended transfer date
  • Your intended designation for the gift
Step 2: Transfer of securities

Marketable securities held in a brokerage or trust account can be transferred electronically through the Depository Trust Company (DTC) institutional delivery (ID) system, which places the stock directly into an investment account maintained by the College which is custodied at Fidelity Investments. For the donor’s information, the valuation of the gift is calculated as the mean price (high-low average) of the securities as traded on the date they are transferred to a Maryville College account.

Information your broker or bank official may need:
  • Participant Number DTC Clearing: 0226 (DTC#)
    Custodied at Fidelity Investments
  • Maryville College: 676-380993
  • Deliver nonnegotiable securities to:
    National Financial Services LLC
    499 Washington Blvd – Fifth Floor
    Jersey City, NJ 07310
  • JP Morgan Chase, NY
  • ABA number: 021-000-021
  • For Credit to: National Financial Services LLC
  • NFS Account # 066196-221
  • FBO: Maryville College 676-380993 (include contribution type on IRAs)

You may also contact April Smith at asmith@pyawaltman.com or Amy Gattis at agattis@pyawaltman.com.  They can both be reached at (865) 693-6301.


Thank you for supporting Maryville College!

You can double the impact of your gift by utilizing your company’s matching gift program.  If your employer has a matching gift program, you can obtain a matching gift form from your human resource or personnel department.  After completing the form, you simply mail it to the Advancement Office at the address above.  If you need assistance please contact Eric Bellah at (865) 981-8225 or eric.bellah@maryvillecollege.edu.