The MC woods is a protected and managed multi-use 140-acre forest for the enjoyment of the Maryville College community. Periodic usage by track clubs, scouting groups, educational groups, etc. is allowed, but only after approval from the MC Woods Group.
The MC woods is vital for both curricular and co-curricular functions. Trails for running, walking, and biking provide recreation and fitness, and more than 75 amphibian, reptile, bird and mammal species can be commonly seen in the woods. Students can find respite in the 140-acre woods through activities as diverse as disc golf and bird watching.
- Access is permitted from sunrise to sunset. No night use.
- Parking is only permitted in the woods parking lot (i.e., no parking on the side of the road).
- Leave No Trace: carry out what you carry in
- Pets must be on a leash at all times
- Stay on existing trails
- The MCW is an alcohol/drug/smoke free area
- Bicycles are permitted in designated areas only
- Groups must inquire about usage
- Collection of any resource (unless authorized)
- Motorized vehicles (unless authorized)
- Overnight stays
Please report any violations to MC Security at 981-8112.
The MCW is a multi-use Stewardship Forest managed so as to allow ecological processes to operate as freely as possible. Accordingly the woods may not meet accessibility standards for some individuals with disabilities.
To Contact the Woods Group: