Maryville College uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to administer all federal, state and need-based institutional programs. The FAFSA must be filed every year to qualify for financial assistance.
After October 1st you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it to the federal processor for the 18-19 academic year. You can apply online and transmit the FAFSA electronically* at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you plan on signing the FAFSA electronically, you and your parent (if you are a dependent student), must apply for a FSA ID prior to completing the FAFSA online. You may apply for a FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov. We recommend that students apply for a FSA ID number to not only electronically sign the FAFSA, but also to track the processing of the FAFSA, make corrections online if necessary, and access all of their federal student aid records online, including federal student loan information.
NOTE: Be sure to include Maryville College's school code (003505) on your FAFSA.
* In compliance with the Federal Paper Reduction Act, the Department of Education is no longer supplying paper FAFSA forms to Maryville College. The form is available to print and mail in from this website or by calling the Department of Education at 1-800-433-3243.
- To be considered for need-based Tennessee Student Assistance Awards, students should complete the FAFSA by January 16th 2018.
- Your FAFSA will allow you to be awarded aid for one academic year. You must file a FAFSA renewal in subsequent years to continue to receive financial aid.
- To learn more about the process of applying for federal financial aid and the types of federal financial aid programs available you may access “The Student Guide” at www.studentaid.ed.gov/pubs. The Student Guide is a publication provided by the Department of Education to help educate students and families regarding federal financial aid.
Financial Aid Calendar
- October 1st - Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online.
- January 16th - Priority Deadline for filing FAFSA for Tennessee Student Assistance Award
- January 15th - Priority Deadline for filing FAFSA online for Maryville College.
- March 1st- Priority Deadline for having your Maryville College Financial Aid file complete.
After Maryville College Financial Aid Office receives the results of your FAFSA, referred to as an Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR), your award will be processed.
If you are selected by the Department of Education for verification of your FAFSA information, the Financial Aid Office will request additional documentation from you before they can prepare an award package.
It is important to meet the priority deadlines and to respond quickly to requests from the Financial Aid Office for additional information since some Federal and State awards are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis.