The Maryville College Intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) Program offers courses year-round for anyone who wishes to improve their English language skills. We are dedicated to providing intensive, high-quality English instruction in a supportive environment that prepares each student to achieve his or her academic goals. For more information, click below:
- American College Campus Experience: Extra opportunities to practice listening and speaking skills
- Intensive English Training: 25 hours/week. Small classes. Strong grammar course, full hour/day of listening and speaking, full hour/day of reading and writing.
- Events & Activities: Weekly transportation to local shopping, international student cultural events and field trips, international club on campus.
- Tutoring: Free tutor twice a week at International House for ESL students who want help with homework, conversation practice and more.
- Earn Credit towards your Maryville College Degree: If you enroll as a Degree-seeking student at Maryville College, you will get elective credit towards your degree for your time in our ESL program.
Check out our blog for more information on what life is like at Maryville College (look for ESL and international student tags on the right side of the blog) http://maryvillecie.weebly.com/esl.html
OUR ESL PROGRAM IS A MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAMS, AAIEP, AND NAFSA: ASSOCIATION OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATORS.
Maryville College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at http://www.sacscoc.org for questions about the accreditation of Maryville College.