This is the hub for all housing forms for current/returning Maryville College students. If you are a new or incoming student, you may find your forms on the MaryVille Portal (MVP).
SUMMER HOUSING INFORMATION:
Please complete your online form by March 31st (priority deadline) to be considered for your top rooming preference. Summer housing is not guaranteed as there is a limited amount of space available, so be sure to turn in your application as soon as possible.
SUMMER HOUSING LOCATIONS:
- Gibson Hall on the 3rd and 4th floors
- Court Street Apartments
To reside at Court Street, you must have a 3.0 GPA and clean conduct record. If suites/apartments are not full – roommate(s)/suitemate(s) will be assigned accordingly. CIE students may also be assigned to these spaces in order to fill our needs. Students who graduate in May 2020 are not eligible for summer housing, unless taking a summer class.
Summer room assignment notifications will be sent out mid-April to students Maryville College email account.
May Term Housing
If you are registered for a May term course (travel or otherwise) or are planning to stay for summer, you may apply for May term housing.
Break Housing Agreements
Applications for housing over holiday breaks can be submitted online during the academic year.
Students will incur a $15/day charge for being allowed to stay on campus during break periods. Break policies are different that other residence life policies during the year and are listed on the break agreement. Break forms that are turned in after the deadline may be denied, and students who have turned in late break forms will be assessed a $50 fee for submitting a late form.
Break Housing Applications for spring/summer closing must be submitted by April 19th at noon. Any requests submitted after this date may be subject to an additional $50 fine.
2019-20 Housing Exemption Requests
Maryville College is a residential college, which means we believe in the value of living on campus. Your learning is not constrained to the classroom and your time in the residence halls will be a memorable and valuable addition to your education. New this year to our halls is the addition of themed housing. Themed housing is the intentional infusing of students’ interests into the development of our vibrant communities. Please be sure you have talked to financial aid prior to applying for the housing exemption as it may impact your aid package.
Please use our Exemption Request form to submit your documentation to be exempt from living on campus.
Room Deposit & Selection Information (2020-2021)
|Room Deposit & Selection Information|
|$100 Room Deposits due to the Business Office||February 28|
|Single room lottery||March 3|
|Single room selection||March 4|
|Triple room lottery||March 5|
|Triple room selection||March 6|
|Double room lottery||March 6|
|Double selection||March 9|
|Quad room lottery||March 10|
|Quad room selection||March 11|
Beeson Apartment Application (DUE FEB. 21st!)
- You must pay your $100 housing deposit online or in the business office (1st floor Fayerweather Hall).
- A 2.50 Cumulative GPA
- Priority given based on social class standing and collective points of a group
- ALL Beeson apartments are PREMIUM RATE
- Individual damage assessments will be reviewed. Anyone with excessive damage will not be approved (Any amount above $100.00 will be deemed excessive).
- Discipline records will be reviewed. Anyone with a serious judicial infraction within the past year will not be approved. There is no appeal process for grades or discipline.
- You must sign up in groups of four or six. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- If someone in the group does not meet the criteria, the group has an opportunity to select a new person to take his/her place.
- Apartment selection will be done by lottery. Groups with all seniors will select first, then groups with seniors and juniors and then groups with all juniors.
- Six-person apartments are selected first. Any group that does not get a six-person has the opportunity to drop two people and go into the lottery for a four-person apartment.
lottery and selection:
For six-person apartments Lottery will be held on February 25th and selection for six-person apartments will take place on February 26th in Lawson Auditorium at 8pm.
For four-person apartments lottery will be held on March 10th and selection for four-person apartments will take place on March 11th (quad night selection) in Lawson Auditorium at 8pm.
Court Street Apartments (DUE FEB. 21st!)
Requirements for Occupancy:
- Students must apply in pairs for apartments.
- A 3.0 Cumulative GPA or have been on the Dean's list the previous two semesters before applying for residency.
- Priority will be given to students who are of junior or senior class standing (academic hours not social class standing) by the time that they reside there.
- Individual damage assessments will be reviewed. Anyone with excessive damage as determined by the Application Review Board will not be approved (Any amount above $50.00 will be deemed excessive).
- Discipline records will be reviewed. Individuals applying for residency should not have any probationary discipline record.
Applications are due by 4:30 p.m., February 21st . Groups will be notified by Friday February 27th whether their application has been accepted or declined. Apartment selection will be conducted during double selection night on March 9th at 8:00pm in Lawson Auditorium. The $100 housing deposit must be paid before selecting an apartment.
Notes about room rates
All double-occupancy rooms that share community baths in Copeland, Davis, Gamble, and Pearsons Hall are standard rate-priced rooms.
All rooms in Copeland, Davis, and Gamble Hall that have a kitchen or are single-occupancy are premium rate-priced rooms.
Carnegie, Gibson, Lloyd, and Pearsons Hall double-occupancy rooms with en-suite bathrooms but without kitchens are double rate-priced rooms.
Carnegie, Gibson, and Lloyd single-occupancy rooms and suites/rooms that have kitchens are premium rate-priced rooms.
All rooms in Beeson Village and the Court Street Apartments are premium rate-priced rooms.