Undergraduate Application for International Students
- Application form (online).
- Official/certified copies of high school/university Transcripts in English and any National test results (if your country has a national examination system). Copies should be certified by a school official. We may also ask you to send your records to an outside education credentials Evaluator.
- A personal statement or resume that discusses the student’s reasons for choosing to study at Maryville College
- RECOMMENDED: English proficiency test results (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo iTEP Academic, PTE Academic or EIKEN/STEP).
- Proof of English Proficiency is required and passing TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or iTEP Academic results are the usual way to show proof of English proficiency.
- Students without proof of English proficiency may apply through our ESL-College Pathway Program.
- Successful completion of Level 12 in the Maryville College ESL program will meet the English proficiency requirement for admission.
- OPTIONAL: We have a Test Optional Policy for Standardized Tests like ACT/SAT. Students are not required to submit scores, but you may choose to send SAT or ACT results. (Maryville's test codes are SAT: 1454, ACT: 3988)
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Pay the $300 tuition deposit. The tuition deposit is applied toward your first semester’s bill. You may receive a refund if return the unused I-20 and inform us that you will not attend by May 1st (August admits) or December 1st (January admits). Some exceptions may be granted if there are visa problems. Pay Here
- Copy of your passport (identification pages).
- Financial documents (e.g., copies of bank statements dated within the last three months) showing you have the funding needed for your first year of study and living costs. This is required by the U.S. government. Depending on your scholarship amount, most students need to show from $28,616** to $32,616** in available funding. Please include a financial statement form with your documentation.
You may choose to send us all items (application, copy of passport, school and test records,
personal statement or resume, $300 deposit, financial documents) at the same time, to speed up the process.
Financial Documents for I-20
Documents that may be used to show proof of funding include:
- Personal funds: Bank statements in your name showing balance of account
- Loan certificates/letters (must indicate your name and the amount of approved loan
- Private sponsors, including parents (must show both of the following):
- Sponsor’s bank or other financial statements
- Letter indicating the relationship between you and the sponsor(s), the amount of support and length of support.
- As an alternative to the sponsor letter, you may submit the Guarantee of Financial Support along with the sponsor's bank statements.
- DO NOT submit long statements that include transaction history.
- Showing bank/financial statements from multiple accounts is acceptable
- The bank statement should be a single page document that meets the following criteria:
- printed on the bank’s official letterhead
- state the financial institution's name
- indicate the account holder's name
- clearly show the account balance and currency
- be dated within the past 3 months (older statements will not be accepted),
- be translated into English (especially names) unofficial translations are accepted
- be from statements that show liquid assets that can be converted to cash
IMPORTANT: The following types of funding are NOT accepted:
- Documents older than 3 months
- Income or salary statements
- Funds that are not immediately accessible
- Assets that are not in liquidated form (house, car, etc.)
- Life insurance policy statements
- Pension funds
- Tax return forms or documents
**All prices in US Dollars
- TOEFL IBT score of 74 (with no sub score below 18) or CBT score of 200 or paper-based score above 525 combined with demonstrated competency in essay writing
- IELTS band score of 6.5 or higher
- EIKEN (Step) score of Grade Pre-1
- iTEP Academic score of 3.9
- PTE Academic score of 50
- Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency score of 74
- IB Diploma
- ACT Composite Score of 24/21 English
- SAT Evidence Based Reading/Writing 540
(Maryville's test codes are SAT: 1454, ACT: 3988)
- American, British or English-based Curriculum & International Schools (contact us to confirm - case by case evaluation)
If you have any questions regarding TOEFL test dates and locations, please visit www.toefl.org
IELTS is jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL), British Council and IDP Education Australia, IELTS Australia. Please visit www.ielts.com.au if you have any questions.
For EIKEN/Step test, please visit www.stepeiken.org.
Find more information on their website itepexam.com
Find more information here.