Undergraduate First-Year Students
Maryville College has welcomed international undergraduate students since the mid-1800s, and 1884 was the year our first international student was awarded a Maryville College degree. We look forward to getting to know you, no matter where you come from!
Basic Admissions Requirements
Four years of English and two years another language (including your native language)
Three or more years of math
Two or more years of lab science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.)
Two or more years of social science or history
Standardized Tests: SAT/ACT Scores
- TOEFL IBT score of 74 (with no sub score below 18) or CBT score of 200 or paper-based score above 525 combined with demonstrated competency in essay writing
- IELTS band score of 6.5 or higher
- EIKEN (Step) score of Grade Pre-1
- iTEP Academic score of 3.9
- PTE Academic score of 50
- Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency score of 74
- IB Diploma
- ACT Composite Score of 24/21 English
- SAT Evidence Based Reading/Writing 540
(Maryville's test codes are SAT: 1454, ACT: 3988)
- American, British or English-based Curriculum & International Schools (contact us to confirm - case by case evaluation)
If you have any questions regarding TOEFL test dates and locations, please visit www.toefl.org
IELTS is jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL), British Council and IDP Education Australia, IELTS Australia. Please visit www.ielts.com.au if you have any questions.
For EIKEN/Step test, please visit www.stepeiken.org.
Find more information on their website itepexam.com
Find more information here.