Study Abroad Opportunities
MC students can search by:
You may choose to study abroad in English or in the native language of your host countries. Semester or year-long programs are opportunities to be fully immersed in a university in another country.
Are you on a budget?? - semester exchanges are often your best deal!
Travel Study Programs (Faculty-Led Programs in May)
These three-week programs are led by Maryville College faculty and fulfill many Maryville College requirements. Programs are offered in different countries each year.
JANUARY 2018: MC IN CUBA (EXP 200 / HIS)
- MARCH 2018: MC IN SWITZERLAND (PSY 249 - this is an embedded program)
- MAY 2018: MC in COSTA RICA (BIO 149/OST 149)
- May 2017: Denmark / Sweden (FULL - program registration closed)
- January 2017: New Zealand, India, Celtic Connections
- January 2016: France & Ecuador
- January 2015: Costa Rica & India
Spring BREAK 2018: MC IN SWITZERLAND
- Spring 2016: 1 program - Bonaire
- Spring 2015: 1 program - Switzerland - Follow their Blog:
Past program blog: MCtoSwitzerland.blogspot.com
- Study Abroad: Learn a language. Study a specific topic. Summer programs are designed to give you four to eight weeks in another country.
- ISEP Summer Programs
- CEA Study Abroad Summer Programs
- ISA Summer Programs
- CISAbroad Summer Programs
- Intern Abroad: Opportunities for EVERY major! Click on the Summer Programs link!
On a budget, but want an internship abroad? - look at ISA's Service Learning Programs.
- Summer (May) 2017: Dominican Republic Summer Program (with Bonner Scholars)
- Summer 2015: Two weeks in Costa Rica with Bonner Scholars
Mountain Challenge Road Trips
These programs are sometimes international and sometimes US-based.
Currently no trips scheduled for 2016-17.
Maryville College Athletics works hard to develop programs abroad for athletes to travel as part of their NCAA athletic program. Current plans in development include:
- Spring Break 2017: Maryville College Soccer - Western Europe
- Winter 2017: Maryville College Cross Country - Costa Rica
- Winter 2017: Maryville College Baseball - TBD
¡Hola! My name is Fiorina Adorati and I am currently completing my senior year in both Biochemistry and Spanish at Maryville College. Last semester, spring 2012, I had the opportunity to study abroad in Spain at the University of Santiago de Compostela. The city itself is named Santiago de Compostela, a Galician city, and has absolutely astonishing geographical beauty and medieval charm. During my time there, I had some of the most wonderful experiences of my life. I was also able to make amazing friends, learn about a different culture, and discover a lot about myself. Traveling abroad was by far the best decision I've made as a Maryville College student. As a result of my trip, I've made incredible friends and memories that will last a lifetime. In short, the follow phrase epitomizes what traveling abroad is all about, “travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” Therefore, I believe exploring the world through travel is the only way to fill in all the blank pages the world has to offer. Take a chance and travel abroad--you won't regret it!
Read more about Fiorina's experiences on our BLOG