Study Abroad Opportunities
MC students can search by:
You may choose to study abroad in English or in the native language of your host countries. Semester or year-long programs are opportunities to be fully immersed in a university in another country.
Are you on a budget?? - semester exchanges are often your best deal!
Travel Study Programs (Faculty-Led Programs in May)
These three-week programs are led by Maryville College faculty and fulfill many Maryville College requirements. Programs are offered in different countries each year.
JANUARY 2018: MC IN CUBA (EXP 200 / HIS)
- MARCH 2018: MC IN SWITZERLAND (PSY 249 - this is an embedded program)
- MAY 2018: MC in COSTA RICA (BIO 149/OST 149)
- May 2017: Denmark / Sweden (FULL - program registration closed)
- January 2017: New Zealand, India, Celtic Connections
- January 2016: France & Ecuador
- January 2015: Costa Rica & India
Spring BREAK 2018: MC IN SWITZERLAND
- Spring 2016: 1 program - Bonaire
- Spring 2015: 1 program - Switzerland - Follow their Blog:
Past program blog: MCtoSwitzerland.blogspot.com
- Study Abroad: Learn a language. Study a specific topic. Summer programs are designed to give you four to eight weeks in another country.
- ISEP Summer Programs
- CEA Study Abroad Summer Programs
- ISA Summer Programs
- CISAbroad Summer Programs
- Intern Abroad: Opportunities for EVERY major! Click on the Summer Programs link!
On a budget, but want an internship abroad? - look at ISA's Service Learning Programs.
- Summer (May) 2017: Dominican Republic Summer Program (with Bonner Scholars)
- Summer 2015: Two weeks in Costa Rica with Bonner Scholars
Mountain Challenge Road Trips
These programs are sometimes international and sometimes US-based.
Info on 2017-2018 TBA.
Maryville College Athletics works hard to develop programs abroad for athletes to travel as part of their NCAA athletic program. Current plans in development include:
- Spring Break 2017: Maryville College Soccer - Western Europe
- Winter 2017: Maryville College Cross Country - Costa Rica
- Winter 2017: Maryville College Baseball - TBD
Bonjour! My name is Albrianna Jenkins, and I recently got back from my semester abroad in France! Last spring, I had the opportunity to take part in the Languages and Cultures Program in Caen, France, and it was a TRANSFORMATIONAL experience!
Before my semester abroad, I’d never lived outside of Tennessee and had never traveled outside of the United States. Within those five months of living abroad, I gained personal insight into the French culture, I developed independence while improving my ability to adapt (and speak French), and I formed meaningful and long-lasting relationships with my classmates, locals, and other travelers.
I had a desire to develop a larger perspective of the world to truly carry out Maryville College’s mission statement on a global scale to “search for truth, grow in wisdom, and work for justice and dedicate a life of creativity and service to the peoples of the WORLD.” My time abroad allowed me to develop a sense of purpose, a passion for understanding, and a personal growth.
My experience propels me to advocate the importance of an international perspective, and after graduation, I hope to continue growing and developing by traveling and transforming even more.
Read more about Albrianna's experiences on our BLOG