Maryville College offers semester or year abroad study abroad opportunities with a variety of countries around the world. Through our bilateral and ISEP partners you have access to over 100 study sites all around the world for a full academic year, a semester, or, in some cases, a summer program. To learn more about programs in specific countries click on this image or look for bilateral links below.
**Airfare scholarship guaranteed for fall 2020/spring 2021**
(Economy Airfares up to $1500)
BILATERAL & ISEP EXCHANGES
$$ These are our best deal! $$
Wait...what? Pay your tuition and fees to Maryville College and become a student at the particular institution you choose. In most cases you pay your room and board to Maryville College, and in other cases you pay these costs directly to your host institution. Either way, your Maryville College & FAFSA financial aid package will cover those costs.
In return, Maryville College gets to receive an international exchange student from an institution abroad.
ISEP DIRECT PROGRAMS
ISEP-Direct programs are programs where you would pay a program fee to Maryville College instead of your regular tuition, fees, room and board. The program fee often covers costs such as tuition, room, and sometimes meals. The average program fee costs are between $6,000 - $12,000 USD. Federal aid, and sometimes other state or outside aid may be used to help cover the cost of the program fee, however your MC scholarships (eg. Dean's / Presidential / Bonner, etc) will not be available for these programs. These are generally programs that are too competitive to operate as an exchange, or programs that have special features that aren't offered on exchange.
$$ AFFORDABLE ISEP DIRECT PROGRAMS These are programs under $13,000/semester. (before FAFSA aid is considered)
Chile [Bilateral - PUCV CLOSED], ISEP]
China - Hong Kong
China - Mainland
Puerto Rico (no passport needed)
Senegal* (summer only)
South Africa [Bilateral - Rhodes, ISEP]
United Arab Emirates
[Bilateral - Worcester, ISEP]
* ISEP-Direct Programs only (features explained above) Guaranteed placement if you meet admissions criteria
** The schools in the UK are competitive sites. you likely want to consider ISEP Direct if you want guaranteed placement
***closed due to U.S. State Department Travel Warning (Mexico: some programs open, others closed based on location)
Learn A Language
Do you want to learn a new language? Do you want to be able to effectively communicate in another language? These are the best options if you want to do a semester of language and culture!
- Universite de Caen, France Language & Culture program (ISEP Exchange)
- Aix-Marseille, France International program (ISEP Exchange)
- Université de Nantes, France Language & Culture Program - I-FLE (ISEP Exchange)
- Université de Franche-Comté Language and Culture Program (ISEP Exchange - Fall only)
- Université Jean Monnet de Saint-Etienne Language & Culture Program (ISEP Exchange - Fall only)
- Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3 Language & Culture Program (ISEP Direct)
- Universite de Savoie Mont Blanc Language & Culture Program (ISEP Direct)
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso, Chile Programa Internacional de Intercambio Estudiantil - Courses for International Students (ISEP Exchange or ISEP Direct)
- Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina. USAL offers courses on culture and Spanish language courses. (ISEP Exchange & Direct)
- Universidad Blas Pascal Programa de Intercambio Internacional (Semestral), which are Argentine language, history and culture courses for international students. Cordoba, Argentina (ISEP Exchange - fall semester)
- Universidad de Palermo, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Students may also enroll in courses from the Latin American Cultural Identity Program, created especially for international students. Spanish as a second language courses are also available. (ISEP Exchange)
- Universidad de Vigo, Spain Spanish Language & Culture Program in Vigo (ISEP Exchange - Full Year))
- Universidad de Murcia, Spain Spanish Language and Culture + Flexible Course Enrollment (ISEP Direct)
- Universidad de Almeria, Spain Language and Culture Program (ISEP Direct)
- Universitat Marburg Intensive German Studies Program (ISEP Direct)
- Many programs may offer 1-2 classes in German language + coursework in English
- Nanzan University Center for Japanese Studies Program (ISEP Exchange)
- Toyo University Japanese Language (ISEP Exchange
- Other programs may offer language courses, but not a full semester worth
Programs by Academic Field of Study
Check out our page that lists programs by field of study
This list is not meant to be all-inclusive, but represents programs through our education abroad partners that offer coursework in English in related fields of study that offer a Good-to-Excellent chance of placement.
- April 15 for spring placement
- November 15 for fall placement
- January 15 for summer placement
*****some programs may have only one selection period per year (Nov 15th). Contact the Center for International Education to confirm deadlines.
Please note that the International Programming Committee will accept applications past these deadlines as long as space remains available and will continue to make placements as long as openings remain. But you should do your best to come as close as possible to meeting these deadlines.
Note: ISEP programs have the following fees: Application Fee*: $100 Deposit: $375
*subject to change without notice
Maryville College is a member of ISEP, a non-profit, educational community dedicated to helping students overcome the financial and academic barriers to study abroad. Made up of 328 colleges and universities, members work together to connect students to affordable, high quality academic programs in over 54 countries. Students on ISEP programs are encouraged to discover new cultural surroundings and challenge the unknown. By directly enrolling into classes at member universities, students build real connections and gain a true understanding of what it is like to live in another culture. With ISEP, students can study alongside locals, in any subject, on a budget they can afford.